Friday, January 19, 2007
At the builders last week and Lorimar is really starting to take shape, the bulk heads are all in so we can visualise the room sizes and the first fix on the electrics and plumbing is finished.
We spent what seemed like hours marking out on the floor how we wanted the galley shape to be until all of a sudden it just looked and felt right, then Paul made templates of the worktops so we could actually get a feel for it, and it felt great.
I have said it before and I will say it again it's really great to be involved with a team of builders with so much enthusiasm and skill, we suggest things to Paul, Maria and Ian then we all discuss it then they set about making it,
None of this "well this is the way we normally do it" I wish I had a pound for every time a builder has said that to us.
We spent a lot of time finalising unit sizes and shapes and between the 5 of us we think that we have come up with some fantastic and exciting idea's,
Maria and Lorain spent time discussing colours and ordering the paint in.
I have included some pics to show the inside as it was when we left.